FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CORPORATE CURLING
WHERE AND WHEN CAN CURLING BE PLAYED?
-The Ice-hall at Kockelscheuer is open from mid-September to the end of April.
– Having two curling sheets we can host a maximum of 16 guest players per event that are usually held on Tuesday and/or Thursday evening from 19h00 to 21h30 at the latest.
CAN WE HAVE SOMEONE TO SHOW US HOW TO PLAY?
-The Curling Club will be present with, at least, two club-members who will show you the basics and the rules of this exciting game.
– From a safety aspect one coach per sheet of ice is required.
DO WE REQUIRE ANY SPECIAL EQUIPMENT?
– There is no dress code in curling, except for shoes! You are forbidden to play curling with your outdoor shoes; you need to bring a pair of spotlessly clean, rubber soled training shoes with flat soles that are free of dirt.
When you bring inappropriate shoes, e.g. with leather soles (very slippery on the ice), or dirty trainers, you will be forbidden access to the ice. Leather soles increase the risk of injury, whereas dirty shoes deteriorate the ice surface.
– Even though curling is played inside, it can be quite cool inside the ice rink (around 10°C) but as curling is a strenuous sport, as you will discover, you do not need to be too warmly dressed.
– Stones, brushes and sliders are available for you at the rink.
ANY SAFETY ASPECTS?
– We would point out that, with ice being a dangerous surface, all persons enter the ice rink entirely at their own risk.
– All persons should also behave in a manner suited to the dangerous surface.
– No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs shall be allowed onto the ice.
– No financial reimbursements shall be made in case of accidents.
IS THERE A DRESSING ROOM?
The Curling Club itself does not have a changing room but you may use the main changing room.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS FOR THIS EVENT?
The event fee is 400.-€ and includes:
- 2 hours access to the ice rink for a maximum of 16 persons
- Presentation and explanation of basic curling rules
- Practicing the basics
- Playing a game
IS A CATERING SERVICE AVAILABLE AT KOCKELSCHEUER?
– The event can be complemented by a delicious meal, perhaps a Fondue or Italian food, which can be ordered separately at the Brasserie Ricarocca (inside the icerink).
– Telephone Brasserie Ricarocca, contact Mario : +352 621 241 733 or +352 2648 1309
Email : email@example.com www.brasseriepatinoire.com
For bookings and more information our Corporate Curling contact point is
Mr. Frank Yünlü at firstname.lastname@example.org or on his cell phone +352 691 116 529