Dear Fellow Curlers,
Please ensure that you have read the guidelines prior to attending your first curling session.
In addition, in order to track participation and presence you must register using. A separate link will be sent for each month, so check your mail regularly.
The introduction to the DOODLE registration includes a Declaration of Compliance. It effectively states that you do not have any COVID 19 symptoms and have not knowingly been in contact with anyone with symptoms. It also requires that you have read and acknowledge the 10 Guidelines to Safe Play, Code of Conduct and Playing Etiquette. Please read and ensure that you comply.
As requested by Kockelscheuer management we will be appointing COVID 19 compliance officers to ensure our club adheres to the special regulations for this unusual time.
10 Guidelines to Safe Play
1. Instead of a handshake, give a friendly wave or tap brooms.
2. Sliders and brooms (if not personal) must be disinfected before each use. It is recommended to use your own broom and to not store it at the arena.
3. Stones must be sanitised before each game.
4. Players should not touch any stones other than their own.
5. Stones should be lined up in single file at the beginning of each end.
6. Players all have fixed positions on the same side of the ice (see diagram)
a) Non delivering team – next player to deliver stands at the hog line and the other players stand mid-way down the sheet on the same side.
b) Delivering team – non sweeper at the backboards and sweeper at the tee-line.
7. Only one person in the house. Opposition skip (not together with vice skip) should stand behind the hack until the delivering team has completed play. Only the delivery team skip or vice skip should be in the house – not both together.
8. One sweeper at a time. No relay. The person in charge of the house may not sweep.
9. No sweeping of an opposition stone behind the tee-line and no sweeping of any stone (of any colour) that has been put in motion by the delivered stone.
10. Follow local regulations and those specific to the Kockescheuer ice arena;
a) Face masks must always be worn within the facility except when on the ice
b) Hands must be disinfected before touching any of the equipment
c) Social distancing must be maintained on and off the ice (even if there are no markings)
d) Limit time in the arena – Arrive at the arena shortly before training time and leave immediately after the session is finished
e) Only players are allowed in the ice arena. No family or spectators
f) No water will be available. All players should bring their own water bottles. Food should not be brought into the arena.